A Primitive Home Tour! Come See My Friend Val's Place!

If you LOVE primitives! And I mean the truly good, old and original pieces right out of the early 1800's you are gonna flip as you tour my friend Val's house with me! I've been wanting to go see her place for quite some time and today my friend Sue and I took a little road trip and Val so graciously invited us to stop by! And Oh My Word!! Great old pieces displayed as if we were looking at pages right out of a favorite primitive magazine! Old wooden bowls are a favorite of mine to collect and Val had some DANDY ones! Each with a story as many of her pieces had to tell! I love the simple and primitive linens displayed on a wonderful make-do shelf! Val loves the original as- found finishes on each piece! Even the old floor boards in her old farm house bear the time-worn original finish! LOVE! Val opens a drawer and explains how some of the pieces were constructed! She's very knowledgeable and we loved hearing the stories and accounts of how she acquired such an impressive collection of primitives! Another thing this kind lady possesses is talent to construct a useful piece from old things she has found. She made this wonderful table from an old crate and old boards for the top! Just like the pioneer back in the day would have done with things they had! This old cupboard was layered with pink and several colors of newer paint when Val found it! Did I mention she has the patience of Job as she dry scraped all the layers to get to the original traces of red paint! I did that once on something small.... ugh... it is painstaking hard work... but as Val describes it exciting to see what's beneath each layer... the final outcome well worth it am I right? Old brooms and iron latches pose in the morning sunshine for a perfectly primitive shot! I wanted to take this old wood box with the salmon colored paint right home with me!! Our gracious and most talented host!! Thank you for letting me photograph your marvelous home Val! Thank you too for being the keeper and preserver of these pieces of history which we are lucky to be able to touch and lay our eyes upon! The simple life.... shared with good friends today! It doesn't get much better than that!! Cathy G

Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

Shyla role corvus

Akira hooker mikey

Currie Fyre Fist Comedy Fast